Various scheduled and charter airlines serve the Marsh Harbour Airport (MHH) and the Treasure Cay Airport (TCB) on a daily basis to enable convenient connections throughout the United States and the world. In addition, Bahamasair provides daily flights through Nassau to allow international connections through that hub.
For a current listing and contact information, see Getting Here at this website.
120 miles of paved highway span the length of the Abacos, from the Northernmost tip of Little Abaco to the Southernmost tip of Great Abaco. There is regular Ferry Service to nearby cays and towns, including New Plymouth on Green Turtle Cay, Hope Town on Elbow Cay, Man-O-War Cay and Great Guana Cay. There is no shortage of taxi service from the airports or ferries, and several car rental companies serve the local area.
To get around Treasure Cay, the most widely-used form of transportation is the golf cart. All carts are reliable four-wheel models which safely accommodate four passengers and have golf bag racks.
Free charging stations are available to Guests in the front parking areas on both the East and West areas of the resort.
Cash’s Golf Cart Company: 365-8771
Taxis are available and are found mostly at the airports and the ferry docks in Marsh Harbour and Treasure Cay. There is also a taxi stand located in front of the Spinnaker Restaurant. Taxi drivers are willing to wait for individuals to shop and would love to take you siteseeing.
Fares vary depending on the destination and number of passengers. Waiting time is about $25 per hour. Children under the age of 3 are free.
Call in advance for airport departures. Confirm taxi fare before your departure.
Treasure Cay Airport: $35 for 2 people. For each additional person add an extra $3 plus 7.5% VAT tax.
Marsh Harbor Airport: $85 for 2 people. For each additional person add an extra $3 plus 7.5% VAT tax. Driving time is about 45 minutes.
The telephone contact for the taxi stand located at the Treasure Cay Airport is 365-8661.
Some reliable taxi drivers
Sydeny Hart: 475-0572
Vernon Russell: 442-3058
Freeland Rolle: 357-6964 or 458-0733
Albert Bootle: 557-6953 or 365-8396
Jackie Bootle: 375-9676
Unca Lou: 475-1053 or 365-8276
Ferry Services for Inter-Island Transportation
In traveling between the cays, Albury’s Ferry Services offer ferry service to the various outer cays on a daily basis. Night charters are also available. Green Turtle Cay Ferry also offers ferry service from the Treasure Cay Dock to Green Turtle Ferry Dock located in New Plymouth on a daily basis. Charters are also available.
Departure times shown are daily unless otherwise noted.
Albury’s Ferry Service
Call to confirm schedule: 367-3147 or 365-6010 / VHF channel 16
- Marsh Harbour to Hope Town ( 20 minute trip ) Monday – Friday: 7:15 am / 9:00 am / 10:30 am / 12:15 pm / 2:00 pm / 4:00 pm / 5:30 pm Friday and Saturday only: 9:00 pm / 10:45 pm
- Hope Town to Marsh Harbour ( 20 minute trip ) Monday – Friday: 8:00 am / 9:45 am / 11:30 am / 1:30 pm / 3:00 pm / 4:00 pm / 5:00 pm 9:45 pm ( Friday and Saturday ) / 11:30 pm ( Friday and Saturday )
- Marsh Harbour to Man-O-War Cay ( 20 minute trip ) Monday – Saturday: 10:30 am / 12:15 pm / 2:30 pm / 4:00 pm / 5:45 pm
- Man-O-War Cay to Marsh Harbour ( 20 minute trip ) Monday – Saturday: 8:00 am / 11:30 am / 1:30 pm / 3:15 pm / 4:30 pm
- Marsh Harbour to Guana Cay ( 30 minute trip ) 6:45 am / 10:30 am / 1:30 pm / 3:30 pm / 5:45 pm
- Guana Cay to Marsh Harbour ( 30 minute trip ) 8:00 am / 11:30 am / 2:30 pm / 4:45 pm / 6:30 pm
Hope Town and Man-O-War ferries leave from Crossing Beach
Guana Cay and Scotland ferries leave from Conch Inn
Green Turtle Ferry
Call to confirm schedule: 365-4166 or 365-4128 / VHF channel 16
- Treasure Cay Airport Ferry Dock to Green Turtle Cay ( 20 minute trip ) 8:30 am / 10:30 am / 11:30 am / 1:30 pm / 2:30 pm / 3:30 pm / 4:30 pm / 5:00 pm
- Green Turtle Cay to Treasure Cay Airport Ferry Dock ( 20 minute trip ) 8:00 am / 9:00 am / 11:00 am / 12:15 pm / 1:30 pm / 3:00 pm / 4:30 pm
Abaco Adventures – Prozac Ferry
Call to confirm schedule: 365-8749 / VHF Channel 16
- Treasure Cay to Guana Cay / Wednesday and Saturday: 10:00 am / return 5:00 pm | Sunday: 11:00 am / 12:30 pm / 4:00 pm
- Guana Cay to Treasure Cay / Wednesday and Saturday: 5:00 pm | Sunday: 11:45 am / 3:00 pm / 5:00 pm
- Treasure Cay to Man-O-War Cay & Hope Town / Thursday: 10:00 am
- Man-O-War Cay & Hope Town to Treasure Cay Thursday: 3:30 pm
Pinder’s Ferry Service
Call to confirm schedule: 365-2356
- Crown Haven to McLean’s Town, Grand Bahama ( approximately 60 minute trip ) Daily 7:00 am & 2:30 pm
- McLean’s Town, Grand Bahama to Crown Haven ( approximately 60 minute trip ) Daily 8:30 am & 4:30 pm
If you decide you want to tour Abaco on your own, you may want to rent a car. For instance, a car is the best way to visit Marsh Harbour (the largest city on Abaco) where there are shops and several nice restaurants around the harbour. Keep in mind that many guests find that there is more than enough to do in Treasure Cay for their entire vacation, but people staying longer than a week may want to explore more.
Cornish Car Rental will drop off the car to you at your condo and pick it up when you are through with it. Other companies may offer the same service. Just be sure to return the car with about the same amount of gas as when you received the car. Their business is located directly across from the Treasure Cay Airport.
REMEMBER, WE DRIVE ON THE LEFT IN THE BAHAMAS!
Always look to the right first, when pulling out into traffic. Also night driving can be quite hectic, there are not many street lights and it can be very dark. Needless to say, driving in the Bahamas is not considered a relaxing experience.
Cornish Car Rental: 365-8623
Triple J Car Rental: 365-8761
Alison Car Rental: 365-8193
Wendell Miller: 365-8687
Tandem bicycles, childrens’ bicycles, and infant seats
Location: Treasure Cay Resort & Marina complex
Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Motor Scooter Rental
R & A Motor Scooter Rental: 365-8475
Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm